It is Saturday......but who cares? The days are all the same. Sunshine, 78, same as yesterday, same as tomorrow....but wait. Ten percent chance of rain (whatever that is) tomorrow.
We went to Glendale for the SYTYCD show. That's what the T-shirts say - SYTYCD.
Those kids don't just think; they really can dance. It was the last show on the tour, and two of the participants are from Phoenix, so that made it special. Lots of tearful bows and such.
Our current "adventure" concerns the jeep. The locking differential doesn't lock. So I took it to the dealer. Sat around half the day. The bad news first. The required part is in L.A. It is a $95 solenoid switch in the differential. Which requires 5.4 hours of repair time. Then the bad, bad news. Electrical parts aren't covered by the "lifetime powertrain limited warranty." Of course they aren't. You know whose life this is, right?
So they gave me a ride home because the part won't be in until tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, I sit around waiting for them to call me to come get my repaired vehicle. I could say that I wasted two days on this now, but, really, what would I have been doing otherwise? Then midafternoon the phone rings. This time, good news and bad news. Uh-huh
The bad news, the accuator is also damaged, so now the price of repairs more than doubles. The good news? The accuator is a "mechanical" part. It is covered by warranty. And since the labor to replace it is the same as for the switch, all I have to pay for is the switch. Yay!
They can have it by next week. Tuesday at the latest. Oh man, I was planning to drive the trail to the bottom of the Grand Canyon this weekend. I was going to disguise the jeep as a mule.
Oh, and the dealership was having a promo. Bring in the mailer and get a free turkey. The free turkey turned out to be a $10 prepaid Visa card. I only had to see a salesman to get it. Of course the salesman had to show me how much they have improved the 2011 Wranglers, just in case I am ready to trade in. No. The changes are superficial and cosmetic. I will keep my lifetime warranty, thank you very much just the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After all, it says right in the name that it is a "limited" warranty, right? What can you expect? Nice that the turkey wasn't really a turkey, too, since you don't need a turkey at your house, do you? $10 Visa can buy that great Christmas gift for your daughter! No? Well, it can still come in handy somewhere!
Post a Comment