Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

See? I was right. This is more than the year one. It is all ones! Can't wait until Veterans' Day this year. I bet you already can't book a church or wedding chapel for 11:00 am that day.
About an hour ago we checked temperatures in all the locations we usually monitor. We were colder than Japan, Skagway, Tempe, and White Plains. I know, I know, no sympathy from anyone in any of those locations. It is only fun because of its rarity. In a few days we will be right back to our glorious winter sunshine and mild temperatures. I would much rather shovel sunshine than snow any day.
Peggie tortured me all day today. She put a roast in the crockpot. The aromas filled the house and made my mouth water and my stomach growl. She wouldn't let me eat any until evening.
Spousal abuse of the first order. But it was really worth it. The roast was delicious. She replaced the potatoes with butternut squash and we didn't miss the spuds at all.

No comments: