Here is a list of all the exciting things we've done since Jane left:
1.
That's it.
We are back to regular lives. Albeit regular retired lives.
Like the rest of the country, we had some extremely cold days this week. For us, extreme cold is the low 20's. Unlike the rest of the country, we had no ice and snow, no airline cancellations, no road closures, no power outages, no stranded motorists.
Peggie has returned to the studio and Ariana will get some nice birthday gifts from Grandma.
Speaking of nice gifts, we got another Diamond Organics box. It had apples, pears, kiwi, citrus, potatoes, carrots, and half a dozen bags of assorted greens. We may have to get a box like that sent to us in Skagway this summer when we are craving fresh produce.
Did I mention we got new phones? Peggie has a smartphone. It can sing, dance, and tell jokes, while she surfs the web, sends email, and downloads apps. It has GPS, Google, and I'm pretty sure it can cook dinner and clean house.
I have a cell phone. I can make and accept phone calls from almost anywhere with no wires! But I don't have a data plan. The only time I need to know where I am in relation to the nearest Starbucks, Peggie will be right there to look it up and get directions. The only time I need to read or send email, I will be at home with a good old-fashioned computer. When I want to read a book, I will go to the library, not to Kindle. When I want to feel like a cool-with it-modern man.....
well, we all know that isn't gonna happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If Peggie's phone can clean the house and cook dinner, I want one just like it! We have had clouds and rain and snow and sleet and clouds and more snow everyday since I have been back in Sitka...see Jane cry.
no wires?! man, you really are moving up in the world.
Also it is very smart to get the "smartphone" for the navigator of your great adventures. She has younger eyes and smaller fingers - the better to search and type with!
It is always good to see a man who knows his limitations!
Huh - Cave Man!!!
Post a Comment