Today I will make my seventh visit to a medical professional in the last six monts.
I now know why retirement is necessary. While working, I did not have time for seven medical appointments in six months. And I am not even in poor health. So far.
Yesterday we were going to attend a spring training game. One of only two scheduled in Tucson this year. Being efficient, we combined the outing with a stop at the library and another to drop off our taxes. We arrived in the vicinity of the ball park right on time. As did several thousand others. Traffic was backed up in both directions for half a mile, including up the freeway offramp. We waited in line until nearly game time, having gained about half the distance to the parking lot. Then we let the nasty wind and the delay force us away. Today we read that the game was a sellout, with taffic still backed up in the third inning. D-backs lost 12-1, so it was a good game to miss.
Some bad news. My cousin's son has been missing for over a week. For a while, no news is good news, then, with time, it reverses. His body was finally discovered in a river. Sad. But at this point, knowing is better than not knowing. Our hearts break for those who knew him and loved him. R.I.P. Austin Bice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment