Today was a day spent doing laundry and going to the Tacoma Art Museum and on the pedestrian walk to see as much Chihuly glass as we could. We then drove the 124 miles north to Bellingham where we're spending the night and tomorrow we'll go to Costco, pick up some dry ice and get in line to board the ferry.
I had heard about the Bridge of Glass, a covered walkway over I-705 that had Chihuly art glass and knew I wanted to see it. It was so amazing. I didn't know there was a wall of glass along the walkway too as well as some of his glass in the old Union Station building--now a federal building. The museum has some of Chihuly's earlier work on permanent display. It was a wonderful assortment of color.
I created an album and I hope I haven't forgotten how to make it show up on the left of this post.
Another treat at the Tacoma Art Museum was a Norman Rockwell exhibit. It was great to see so many of his paintings up close and personal. His work has amazing detail of color and while so much of his work looks like photographs from a distance it was neat to see them up close and see how he "suggests" the detail from his use of color. There was also a collection of framed magazine covers some of which had the original paintings there too. It was great.
We finished the day off with a great seafood dinner at Anthony's overlooking the harbor. Our waiter used to live in Tucson and the receptionist at the hotel used to live in Sedona. What a small world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your glass pictures are BEAUTIFUL...wouldn't they make wonderful quilts! Love and hugs...
The photos are great! Just imagine the weight of that glass hanging over your head!
Post a Comment