I honestly couldn't say how long it has been raining. I know it was not last Sunday when I got stuck in Dyea. But for at least month since then it has been non-stop. Both rivers are fast, full, and muddy. There are too many waterfalls to count up in the canyon. We commented to each other a few days ago that it was looking like dusk, and it was only 6:30! The foot bridge in Dyea almost washed away when the creek took out the bank at one end. The animals are pairing up and forming a line at the harbor. Okay, I think you get the idea.
There is, of course, a silver lining. Yesterday the sun broke through in spots in Carcross. Today we will go there so Peggie can see the beginning fall colors. We will go up Montana Mountain if it is not enshrouded in clouds. Peggie's co-worker, Lynn, wants to go four wheeling. Whee! Not that I need an excuse, but I will take this one gladly. I promise not to gather more than a hundred pounds of pretty rocks. Peggie promises not to collect every piece of rusty metal. Lynn promises not to complain about the bruising she gets bouncing around in a Jeep.
Pack a picnic. Today we will beat the Hum Drums!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you warned Lynn about Thomas Family Picnics!
OH, OH...I'm not sure I want to return to SE Alaska if the rains are still falling! I love the sunshine down in Minnesota.
love and hugs from here...jane
Post a Comment