Peggie began an on-line class to learn abstract art. It is a full class and requires a lot of time to complete. She is stressed to be in unfamiliar and uncomfortable zones. That is the whole idea. In the end her comfort zone will be much broader.
I have been slowly redoing the back yard. I am taking dirt from some places and putting it in different places. I will, eventually, move some big, heavy rocks from one place to another. I will, eventually, lay some adobe blocks on the patio. I have pruned some trees, fixed the leaking water system, and gathered some of the many small stones I will, eventually, need when I re-lay those big, heavy rocks. One of the things I had to do was break up a chunk of spilled concrete the builders left behind. After some attempts with the tools I had, I succumbed to the common advice for DIYers everywhere, I got a BIGGER hammer. Yep, not much that can't be done with a big enough hammer.
We are taking the weekend off to go see Patty Larkin perform in Sedona. I intend to get some rock-laying tips from Big Greg. Maybe I could get him to come "show me how it's done."
3 comments:
These things count as adventures.
BTW, I found some things for you, including the letter you wrote home from NAU telling the folks that you were in love! Her name was Peggie Gilmer and you had known her for seven weeks and been in love for two weeks. How cool!
Also some really bad (read "perfect") puns you sent them over the years. Whew!
Peggie Gilmer, I wonder what ever happened to her!
She's alive and well and still in love. She goes by an assumed name.
Post a Comment