This morning I was sitting in my reading chair working on the daily crossword. My coffee ran out. (no, no, no. coffee can't run, I drank it all and my cup was empty) Right before that, Peggie mentioned that the #&*@% doves were once again building their nest above our back door.
So...if your coffee runs out, you will want to go refill it. While you are in the kitchen, you might as well step outside and chase the #&*@% doves away. (They are too messy to have above the door) When you get to the door you will see the hummingbird drinking from the water hose at the new bush. Seeing the water filling the basin of the new bush, you will realize that the flow will have to be adjusted so the new bush gets the correct amount of water. You will want to put on shoes to go into the dirty part of the yard, so you might as well get dressed. When you go upstairs to get dressed, you might as well brush your teeth. While you are brushing your teeth, you will need to pee. While you are peeing, you will notice that the toilet should be brushed. When you go outside to check the setting on the water hose, you will notice that too much water has overfilled the basin, so you have to get the shovel and repair the berm. When you are adjusting the water flow setting, you will notice that your Leatherman is binding.
But wait! Your coffee is getting cold. While you are sipping your fresh coffee, you might as well sit at the computer.
And then it is bedtime.
If you ever wonder where your life went. Don't. It is too exhausting to think about.
1 comment:
There you go, bragging about retirement again. Only those with real leisure can get completely lost in small errands like this. I can empathize, but I am not quite there. I still have enough requirements on my time that I am usually aware of the clock.
I am a wee bit jealous.
Post a Comment