Sunday, March 4, 2012

March-ing on

Cannot believe it is March already. If we were going to Alaska, we'd be leaving in six weeks. So it is good we are not.
I need some sand for my backyard work, and I still need some more flat rocks to interlay among the flagstones. So, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go gather some of each. Peggie came with me and we went into the washes and mountains north of Oracle and into the San Pedro valley. It was a beautiful day, 60's, blue sky, and we discovered the wild flowers are blooming. Lupine, desert marigold, filaree, and of course, golden poppies. Hillsides covered with them. Peggie took some photos, maybe she will add some to this post. We upset a Harris' hawk and he really squawked at us. Maybe we were close to a nest?
We attended the last in this season's TSO concerts. Mozart and Beethoven. Very enjoyable.
This coming week will be busy. Peggie has four scheduled events in six days, and I have to get my haircut and prepare the trailer for summer travel.
Oh, and we did have some wind the day before the rest of the country had tornadoes. It blew our tombstone rose off the wall. We have to figure out how to get it back up. Beats the heck out figuring out where your house was blown to.
Okay, enough for now. Stay well, Karin. You will need your strength later.

2 comments:

Margie said...

You left us in suspense. Did you get sand and flat rocks so you can continue your work?
Speaking of suspense, Dave and I watched Alfred Hitchcock's "Strangers On a Train" the other night. No one does suspense as well as Hitchcock, with such simple scenes! Special effects are much better now, but for just pure suspense, he is the winner, hands down!
The weather has been gorgeous all right! I would love to see photos of the flowers, Peggie!

Bill said...

Yes, but we were in the jeep, so I had a large tub in the back which I filled with sand and filled the rest of the space with rocks. We found a nice green rock ledge but also got some reds. The tubful of sand is a lot less in the back yard than it is in the tub. Will have to get some more. Yay, more wash driving.