Saturday, June 16, 2012

ALERT!! Tomorrow is a Special Day.

Tomorrow, June 17th, is Father's Day.
Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.
And for those of you who have fathers, this is your last minute reminder to contact Dear Old Dad.
Not my children, though. They are already great at remembering important events. Like our anniversary, on July 25th, and my birthday, on August 16th, and Christmas, on December 25th. My children and family and friends are all great at remembering these things. So thank you all. Oh, and, of course, Peggie's birthday on December 28th. And Mother's Day, on May something.

This Father's Day has the added significance of being Greg's birthday. This is the seventh time the two have fallen on the same day since 1979, when he was born on Father's Day, allowing me to celebrate at the earliest possible opportunity.
Happy Birthday Greg.  Don't let Ariana get away with just one card or gift. One for each occasion is appropriate even when they fall on the same day! Get her used to it while she is young.

Casey, I got the sun-viewing-glasses and enjoyed watching Venus transit the sun. I made the mistake of using binoculars, though. It made for a better view, but each time, they focused the light and burned a pinhole in the plastic lenses. It took me five pinholes to figure it out. So next time I watch Venus cross the sun I will know better.

Greg, the truck swelled to just the right size. We use it for all our driving needs. I am worried that the current dry conditions will cause it to shrink back to Matchbox size. Should I add more water? I lost the instructions.



1 comment:

Greg said...

I think it "sets" once swollen to full size, but for maximum enjoyment, use away from heat.

My next Father's Day Birthday will be in 2018, 6 years from now, but then my birthday will "leap over" Sunday in 2024 due to leap year. So the following occurrence is 11 years later in 2029. Incidentally, I'll be turning the big Five-Oh that year, so it will be special indeed. But who's counting?