Yep. Hot here too, but not quite that hot. I think we hit 104 yesterday. But still going into the low 60's at night, which really does help. Don called today to ask what kind of wine Dave buys. I love cell phones!
Yep, our grandkids will never know "long distance" calling. Of course, the way texting is going, they may not understand "talking" on the phone at all.
Cell phones? Texting? Marvels of innovation, no doubt. Never mind these computers, connected to the internet, allowing us all to send messages, receive news, and *gasp* make video calls. For free, no less.
True, kids today will have no more concept of long distance than I do of speaking to an operator to connect a call.
Oh, and that is hot. Only 77 tomorrow here in NY. Though, Skagway is only 55, so I guess that's better.
We time our after-dinner walks by the last bit of sun shining on the roof of the house behind us. It's still in the high 90's or 100 but it sure feels better without the sun beating down. Summertime walks in Skagway are very nice. Sometimes a little rain or a little or lot of wind but a jacket or two and a scarf and gloves takes care of it. Nah...that's not normal but we have taken our share of walks up there dressed that way.
4 comments:
Yep. Hot here too, but not quite that hot. I think we hit 104 yesterday. But still going into the low 60's at night, which really does help.
Don called today to ask what kind of wine Dave buys. I love cell phones!
Yep, our grandkids will never know "long distance" calling. Of course, the way texting is going, they may not understand "talking" on the phone at all.
Cell phones? Texting? Marvels of innovation, no doubt.
Never mind these computers, connected to the internet, allowing us all to send messages, receive news, and *gasp* make video calls. For free, no less.
True, kids today will have no more concept of long distance than I do of speaking to an operator to connect a call.
Oh, and that is hot. Only 77 tomorrow here in NY. Though, Skagway is only 55, so I guess that's better.
We time our after-dinner walks by the last bit of sun shining on the roof of the house behind us. It's still in the high 90's or 100 but it sure feels better without the sun beating down. Summertime walks in Skagway are very nice. Sometimes a little rain or a little or lot of wind but a jacket or two and a scarf and gloves takes care of it. Nah...that's not normal but we have taken our share of walks up there dressed that way.
Post a Comment