Tuesday, August 28, 2012

....and then the phone rang.

The phone rang this afternoon. Not unusual. Lots of people want us to vote for them. Others want to sell us new windows, security systems, credit cards and other stuff we don't listen to.
But this was Heath. From Skagway. He is the new owner of Southeast Tours who almost had us going to Skagway in June.
When last we spoke, I agreed that if he found a new bus in the lower 48 and needed it, I would drive it up there for him. He called to see if I would still do that. After talking to me, he spent the day on-line and on the phone, trying to find a desirable bus in Arizona. No dice. But he will keep on looking. If he finds one in the next month, he still wants me to bring it up. Then he wants both Peggie and I to agree to come work for him in 2013.
So, I hope he finds a bus. That will be a fun adventure driving it up there.
He has been having a good season, and expects next year to grow even more. I think he will. He is eager, hard-working and imaginative.
So we are still heading for the hills tomorrow, and staying flexible.

No comments: