Saturday, November 9, 2013

The cold.

There is the cold you feel. Haven't had that yet.
There is the cold you get. Got it.
It was teasing me with its introduction on the plane ride home last Saturday. Julian had it. Greg got it. I smugly thought my recent flu shot would shield me. Hah. Cold viruses (should it be viri?) are not affected by inoculations for flu. (it took me four tries to get inoculation spelled correctly)
So I got it. Got it good. It peaked, I hope, on Wednesday. I had to reschedule my teeth cleaning, and decided to sleep sitting up in the recliner. The recliner I had decided to get rid of. Maybe keep it. We had to leave the TSO concert last night because of my cough. Annoying, that.
But the Wildcats were playing the season opener, so the evening wasn't a total loss, entertainment wise. You can cough all you want at a game on TV. Of course, I don't want to cough at all. Anyway, speaking of the Wildcats, I predict a winning season.  PAC 12 champs, with a trip to the Final Four. The player talent is there. This season is the litmus test for the coach. He has no excuse this year. It is lay the foundation for a Lute-esque dynasty, or settle in as a second-rater. I am pulling for you, Sean. It is time to do TV commercials all by yourself, without Lute doing back-up.
Yes, I am doing all the right things to beat the cold. Plenty of rest, liquids, echinacea and Nyquil.

1 comment:

Jane said...

If all the right things don't work, try my dad's remedy for a cough: whiskey, hot water, honey.

I wish you well.

Hugs from Sitka...where the northern lights were bright last night.

jane