We had ten days of warm-ups , with one ship days.
Yesterday was more like it will be, with three ships. This week will bring the new drivers up to speed.
I saw one bear during warm-ups. Then yesterday we saw a moose and the same bear. He is a mature black with a distinct way of walking, plus he was near the same place. He makes me think of Balloo, the bear in the old movie played by Phil Whatshisname. If you know the movie, bear, or Phil's last name, please comment.
Everyone here misses Peggie. Especially me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The Disney film is Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book", and Baloo - only one "l" - is played by Phil Harris of the smoky, whiskey-laden vocals. I guess this bear shuffles with a little rhythm of his own, huh?
Peggie is coming to the Beach Resort and Spa this weekend, which will be good for us. I get the feeling that she misses you too.
Don and Karin left yesterday for Arkansas for Coleman's HS graduation.
Claudia is still at Phoenix Children's Hospital and not likely to come home until at least tomorrow. We took her down last Wednesday. She has post infectious glomerulonephritis, a problem with her kidneys in the aftermath of a strep infection. She will be fine, but they have had trouble finding the right combination of meds to bring her blood pressure under control, which is one of the effects of this problem.
I can imagine how much you miss Peggie! When will she be in Skagway? I guess I should contact her and see if she will be coming through Sitka.
Hugs to all....jane
Hey, I found Peggie. She's not missing, whew! At least not from here. She is definitely missing from there. And missing you. This has been a busier week so maybe I'm finding my rhythm.
I miss the bears too.
Good thing Margie could help you with Phil Whatshisname. I've got nothing.
Post a Comment