Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR

This is a sincere wish for each of us to have a good year.

Our New Year's Eve tradition is to stay home, off the streets, and safe. We have a dinner made entirely of hors d'oeuvres. Okay, I had to look up the spelling. I bet you would, too.
However, Peggie had an injection yesterday, so it was not a good night to celebrate. So we had our hors d'oeuvres meal today. It worked out great. Who wants to cook on New Year's Day?

Last night we started getting snow at around ten. When we went out at 10:30 there was already a dusting. This morning there was a couple of inches on things like rocks and cars, but roads and ground were just wet. By the time we got up, the eaves were already dripping.

My computer monitor has been acting up, and finally, a couple of days ago, it just would not come on. We used Peggie's laptop to look up some troubleshooting. We disconnected, cleaned, and reconnected all the cables. We ended up taking the cover off the CPU case and vacuuming dust out. We were going to do the same thing with the monitor, but then Peggie found this little TV she had won from Domino's a few years ago. We hooked it up, and voila, I had a computer monitor.
It is nice to have my computer back. I think I don't use it much, but when I can't use it, I want to use it all the time.

I am aware that I deserve the Bad Husband of the Year Award. We gave Peggie a fine birthday celebration, but I totally forgot to make a Happy Birthday, Peggie post here. No excuse. My monitor was working that day. Bad, bad husband.

2 comments:

Peggie said...

Yes, bad, bad husband indeed! Oh well, I'm over it. He didn't forget my birthday, just posting about it. So glad we discovered it was the monitor that was bad. I had that monitor 10-12 years so I think we got our money's worth. And, the TV I won was just sitting in a box that worked out great!

Jane said...

For some reason, I could never put the adjective "bad" ahead of husband when referring to Bill!

Happy Birthday to Peggie…I hope you get my card…the mail all goes through Juneau to be sorted, so we never know how long it takes to get from here to there.

I am cruising on the cruise ship TAKU to Skagway with Trish on Wednesday…time to do some inventory work.

Hugs from here to you and yours! HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

love…jane