It is March, so we must post a new entry.
Last week I took the trailer to Cortes, Colorado. Our friend Greg wanted to go interview home builders and I volunteered to provide the housing. You all know this was a real hardship for me 'cause I hate road trips. We drove up on Sunday, March 7 with beautiful weather between all the storms we've been having. We located an RV park and went to check out his lot. It was buried in thigh deep snow. We know that because, of course, we had to walk out there.
For the next three days, we visited homes with the builders to check out their work and to get to know them. It snowed off and on the whole time. We found time to visit the Anasazi Heritage Museum, but decided not to try Mesa Verde. It was cold.
We saw some interesting homes, and I think Greg selected a builder. When it was time to come home, voila, the skies were clear again.
I stayed in Cottonwood an extra two days to help Mom celebrate her 85th birthday. Because some people in the family still work for a living, we had to have one party at lunch and another at dinner. Nothing wrong with that. Vada made a truly ugly devil's food cake with fudge frosting that fell apart and didn't set right. But it tasted great. Once you cut it up, the original appearance doesn't matter. And we have had uglier cakes baked by Mom, herself. The famous Silver City cake of 1958 was remembered fondly.
While I was gone, Peggie quilted....then she quilted some more...after which, she decided to quilt.
Good thing we got that table finished. I've been home for three days. What do you think Peggie has been doing all day, and is doing right now?
a) quilting
b) quilting
c) quilting
d) all of the above
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just love that studio and that table and that fabric and that time I have....but darn I have a bunch of appointments tomorrow and won't get to spend much time out there. Then on Wednesday I have an art quilt guild meeting--oh the fun of it all! Did you know my old school district is on Spring Break this week???? I DIDN'T EITHER!!!
Post a Comment