Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Ship Day!

Well, we arrived in Skagway on Monday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. The ferry ride from Bellingham, Washington that began on Friday afternoon and ended upon arrival on Monday afternoon was DELIGHTFUL! We both went to work Tuesday morning and the first cruise ship of the season came in today. No ship tomorrow so we both have the day off and have a bajillion things to do--groceries, laundry, finish moving in and, of course, UPDATE THE BLOG and report on all the new adventures of the last six days. Tonight we had a great dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and each of us had stories to share about people we ran into from last year, etc. Lots of hugging and re-connecting going on. Having an apartment is a different experience from the 5th wheel of last year. When I am in the shower I am definitely aware that the 15 gallon hot water heater is sooooooo much larger than the tiny one in the 5th wheel...no turning off the shower while you soap up or shampoo...priceless!!! One great(?) thing is that we have a LARGE skylight in the apartment, directly overhead from our heads when we're in bed. After getting to bed pretty late on Monday night it seemed that it was morning before I knew it because it was already getting light. I looked at the clock and it was ONE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!! Needless to say, last night I wore my sleep mask.

So...tune in later for pictures and stories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! The long silence of the ferry trip is ended! I miss you, but the AC kicked on twice this afternoon with temperatures in the 90's. You are happier where you are.

Peggie said...

Okay, you're right. We sleep with our electric blanket (very low) and have the heater on for a few minutes when we get up in the morning. We noticed yesterday that the toilet tank has condensation on the outside of it because all the water is so cold. I love drinking tap water up here; it tastes great and is COLD! We had lots of sunshine and blue sky today. The white snow on the nearby mountains is beautiful! After dinner tonight we bundled up and went for a nice long walk. It was brisk!