Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Mosquito Bike

Last night we played cards at Allyson's. At one point I leaned over to scratch my leg and said "Darn, I've got a bite." Allyson said, "Peggie, do you need a bike? You can take that one from my backyard. It works fine. I have a new one. You can use it all summer and store it in our storage container for the winter so you have it here next year." "Well, yes, matter-of-fact (still scratching my bite) I do need a bike. Bill and I were just talking today that maybe I should go over to Sockeye Cycle and see about getting a bike." Allyson says, "You don't need to do that, I'm serious, take the one in my backyard. I have a newer one. And we'll store it for you over the winter."

This morning Bill put air in the tire, oiled the chain, adjusted the seat and I bought a new gel seat cover. Jeff, (we met him and PJ on the ferry) had an extra lock for it. Now I have a bike. It's great!

And all because of a mosquito bite that Allyson heard as "I need a bike". Which was true.

Thank you, Allyson!


Posted by Picasa


When I mentioned to Allyson tonight that I wrote a blog post on the bike, she said she's been trying to give that bike away for two months and anyone who said anything that sounded a bit like they needed a bike received an offer. I'm the happy one that took her up on her offer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like great transportation.

Allyson said...

What a fine bike! or....I mean BITE. Glad someone's using it. I felt bad it was just hanging out in my yard, unloved, unridden, forgotten about, passed over for the NEW bike.

Greg said...

So, would you say, Good Riddens?