And that means: eagles, bear(s), people (and their dogs) and bugs! Bill goes bear "hunting" over in Dyea pretty frequently. We both worked late yesterday and took the night off. We decided to drive over tonight and we were rewarded with salmon, a whole bunch of eagles and a grizzly bear. He entertained us for quite a while. We watched an eagle family too--mama, papa and two babies. While the babies looked very big their coloring was quite mottled and their heads were mostly brown with a few white highlights. As we were leaving we saw an eagle perched on a stump by the water and one up in a tree (probably the closest we've seen) and they were calling back and forth. We didn't get to see their babies but I'll bet they were close by.
We've had a few great weather days and are expecting a few more so it will be a while before we get more pictures posted. We're too busy playing while the sun shines and will wait for the next cloudy day to upload albums. It will probably be this weekend.
Here's a sample from tonight:


4 comments:
These are as good as any professional photos I have seen! Beautiful!
Thank you. I was really pleased with the quality too--lots of action with the bear. My flash actually went off when I was taking the one of the eagle. In one of the pictures the flash is reflected in his eyeball.
Wow these are amazing.
Yes, these are absolutely amazing photos.
Post a Comment