Sunday, September 26, 2010

And the rains came....

Okay, you've seen and heard about the snow storm on Friday. It has been raining ever since. Today it is coming with a vengeance. The wind is intermittently harsh. The temperature is in the thirties.
With four days between tours, there is a lot of time to fill. Luckily, packing is a time filling activity. I can't believe we brought so much stuff.
I took Peggie to work (they are doing inventory) and decided to drive up to the summit to see what had become of the snow. It is mostly melted.
On the way back, black bear number 101 came out of the canyon right in front of me. I hit the brakes and he ran off the road. It was close. Would have been ironic for 101 to be road kill.
Our card playing crew decided to go to the Stowaway for the final Sunday brunch of the season. Allyson is in the lower 48, but everybody else was there

l to r: Peggie, Trish, Keith, Jane, Robert, Lynn, Bill

No comments: