Well...I agree with Margie and I would like to show you pictures of the inevitable new machine but the verdict is still out. I am in the middle of making what I think will turn out to be an incredible Arizona scene art quilt but you will probably see pictures of it before you see pictures of a new machine. My 19-year-old machine is in the shop and I'm waiting to find out what the problem is and what it will cost to fix it. I was in the middle of threadpainting an old weathered windmill (meaning the windmill is made entirely of thread) when the machine just STOPPED--no cough, no sputter, no hiccup--it just STOPPED! An overnight rest didn't help. It could be a motherboard or some such thing.
Luckily, I still have my 40-year-old machine which has always been a good machine; it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles (or motherboard) of the other machine. We bought it the first year we were married. It was brand new and a top-of-the-line machine and cost a month's pay. It had a 25-year guarantee and we decided $450 spread out over 25 years was a pretty good deal. It's working well even though I really miss those very useful bells and whistles. Think of air conditioning and cloth seats in an Arizona car--those types of bells and whistles.
So maybe, just maybe, I can get by with my old machine until December. I reserve the right to change my mind. If that happens, I will certainly post a picture--guaranteed!!!!
Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Relatively speaking (and I can speak relatively because I have been attending lectures on space/time)the new sewing machine would be a bargain. It would cost about a month's pay. Or more than our first car. It's all relative.
Some bells and whistles are really necessities, aren't they? I hope the prognosis is good enough that the "old" machine comes home and gets back to work, or bad enough that a "new" machine finds a new home.
We head to Juneau on the ferry tomorrow morning...looks like a very cold and windy day for the forecast...temp will be 5 degrees tomorrow night...time to find those cuddleduds.
Love and hugs from Sitka...Jane
Post a Comment