Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's a color riot!

I've spent quite a bit of time lately working with rust-dyed fabrics and while that's been very enjoyable I've really missed color! Last week I decided to get into my scraps and pick out only bright colors. I made this top using the "quilt as you go" method. It's about 36" square. It's finished for now but I may be adding another element on top. We'll see.

And, great news. My sewing machine is fixed and we're heading out to the eastside to pick it up and bring it home. I managed to get along without it but really missed quite a few features. And, my 40 year old machine started acting up when doing free-motion stitching. Not a good thing.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Love it! It even has some of MY colors in it! What a fun creation!

Jane said...

Beautiful! I'm waiting for the moment when I can do some PERSONAL quilt work...Trish has been keeping me very busy for the past couple of weeks...and today Charlotte and I worked at Trish's...She worked in the shop with Amanda colating and packaging kits, while Trish and I worked out color combinations for borders for some new appliques. Love and hugs...jane

Michaela said...

This quilt reminds me of Casey :)