That's our expression for "set the alarm and go to work". We arrived in Skagway on Monday afternoon after a calm and restful 3 days on the ferry. We picked up our key for the apartment and found out that we both had Tuesday off and that was going to make moving in a little bit easier. Our apartment is about 3 feet wider than our previous one and has lots of windows. It's freshly painted and has a new kitchen--a double sink, cupboards on both sides of the sink, a regular refrigerator and a tiny stove. We have room for a small round table and two chairs at the foot of the bed so we can have meals at a real table. The head of the bed fits against the wall and there is room for both of us to sit in the living room and get up and move without making the other one stand up and move first. Our location is still just as convenient as last year. We're about 10 feet farther away from the library but about 10 feet closer to the post office. Not a bad trade.
We both went back to work today. Bill went up to Whitehorse to pick up one of the busses and I worked learning the mailout system at the quilt shop. I'll have a new assortment of duties this year and that will be interesting.
We've enjoyed seeing friends and finding out what everyone's been up to and learning about where they spent their winter vacation. It's very much like going back to school in the fall and greeting everyone again. We're still working out the normal glitches-no internet yet and we had to get a PO box this year instead of using general delivery. We''ll send that address out shortly.
Bill's mom is home from the hospital and we have our fingers crossed for Casey's new job.
And, in case you're interested, it was 44 degrees here yesterday and it rained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome back to Skagway...wish I were there too. Don and I are headed to Seattle today...he has to have a prostrate biopsy done...I'll let you know what the results are. He is not looking forward to it.
Trish dropped off 7 quilts for me to bind...I'm hoping to get them done when I get back so she can take them with her on the 11th.
Love and hugs to both of you...
Good to hear from you again and glad you had a restful ferry trip. Your new digs sound comfy, but I don't know - 10 whole feet further from the library? Roughin' it! :)
Mom's doing well, got to get some strength back though!
Post a Comment