Saturday, June 4, 2011

Check engine light: On

Why does that only happen here or on the way here?
I know. It is because the nearest authorized dealer is two + hours away.
So we plan our day off as an early (5:30) departure for Whitehorse hoping the early hour will improve wildlife viewing. Sort of successful; we saw a young caribou in a place I didn't know caribou hung out. And we saw a beaver in a place I didn't know had beaver. I don't remember ever seeing a beaver before in the wild. I've seen beaver dams, beaver ponds, and beaver houses (is that what you call them?). But never the beavers. This one did just what you hear about: when it saw us, it slapped the water and dove. Came up some distance away, saw us, slapped the water and dove. It was way cool. Peggie actually got a picture of the tail slap.
But that was all.
The Jeep dealer took our vehicle, gave us a shuttle ride to breakfast, picked us up later, and had us out in just two and a half hours. So we shopped a bit and headed home. Saw one bear on the way.
We thought it was raining. But Peggie found out from Maria at work that it is only raining when it rains heavily all day. A little wet-the-ground-for-an-hour-or-two is not rain. Just because you need windshield wipers to see, is not rain. Rain is all day. So, sorry to say, it NEVER rains in Arizona. Poor desert.

1 comment:

Jane said...

It's called a lodge, not a home/house. Sounds like you had a great day. We did have rain this morning...but it cleared by afternoon.

Hugs to you both...jane