Saturday, September 10, 2011

Changing my tours

The latest edition of the Skagway News came out yesterday. In the days from Aug 22 to Sep 4 our little town police department was very busy. There were 6 calls to help people locked out of their cars and ....get this...24 reports of bears in town. Twenty four reports of bears in town. How many do you suppose went unreported because they came in the night. During that same period of time, I saw only four bears on my tours. Since bear sightings prompt better tipping, I have decided to run my tours thru the town's alleys with particular attention to trash cans and only at night.
Now if I can just get those cruise ships to adjust their port times.....

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love it!!! Sign me up for the night tours. BUT WAIT, we had a bear of our own most of July...he came through the yard at 2am...and when Don went out fishing and left the garbage cans empty, the bear left his calling card...AND A LARGE PILE OF IT...right next to the cans.

Our dog, Maggie, has a special bark which means, "There's a dog in the yard," and during July, at about 2am, she had a bark that said, "There's a REALLY BIG DOG in the yard!"

Thanks for the chuckles this morning.