We've had a few days of wind, rain and cold. Right now it's 39 degrees at 8:30 p.m. Just FYI--it's colder in Tucson than White Plains, New York. It's colder in Tucson than Mesa, Arizona. And it's colder in Tucson than Skagway, Alaska. What in the heck is going on here?
My plants are all covered or moved to the patio or brought into the house. My vegetable garden has been sprouting but I seem to have a rabbit that keeps getting in the yard and helping himself to tiny, delicious leaves!
I remembered to take advantage of the cold temperatures and decided to run the self-cleaning cycle on my oven. It really heats up the house so I usually don't want to run it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's been cold in Cottonwood too. Bruce and Beth Hickman were here for the weekend and we went to Jerome for dinner Friday night - snow was sticking when we drove into town, but not by the time we finished with dinner - at Belgian Jennie's Bordello and Pizzeria. Mmmm! Some of the best Italian we've ever had, AND killer pizza! The Christmas parade on Saturday had a brief tussle with light rain, sleet/snow, but was okay at the beginning and at the end. Having a child on your lap and a blanket over both of you makes a big dent in the cold!
You have a smart rabbit, or maybe even a resident rabbit!
You are a true inspiration, or good at laying a guilt trip! My oven is self-cleaning right now! Every time I do it, I vow to do it more often and keep the glass clean in between. Just getting the spatters off the oven glass took 40 minutes and lots of scrubbing! But it will be so nice when it's done, and hopefully this smell will dissipate quickly too! : )
Boo on the smell and I couldn't leave the door/windows open to help get rid of it. No guilt trip from me--I had to ask Bill how to do it since I couldn't find my manual and couldn't even remember the last time I did it. He didn't remember either. Good thing I kept at it as the directions are actually printed on the back part of the stove top! Too funny!
Post a Comment