skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Romantic Poetry--hot stuff, eh?
Does this guy know me or what?
I do not like the heat
said she.
The heat is not my friend in need.
The heat is not my friend indeed.
I do not like the heat in spring.
I do not like the heat in fall.
I do not like the heat at all.
The heat in summer is too much.
It makes some things too hot to touch.
I do not like the heat
said she.
I do not like the heat today.
I do not like the heat, no way.
It is too hot.
I like it not.
I do not like the heat a lot.
Bill Thomas, May 2012
The heat in May
is here to stay.
The heat in June
is here too soon.
Bill Thomas, May 2012
5 comments:
I apologize to Dr. Seuss.
The last four lines are a separate poem. It stops there because I couldn't rhyme July or August.
The heat in July will make you fry.
and August's heat is not too sweet.
Sorry.................
And I'm about ready to write a poem about the cold and wet in Sitka.
love you!!! Jane
I do not like the cold, he said.
It makes me want to stay in bed.
And the rain is ever falling,
which to me would be quite galling.
The heat in July
is here, goodbye.
The heat in August
is there, I trust.
The heat in July
seems never to die
But the heat in August
is surely the longest
Post a Comment