Those of you who follow Peggie on Facebook may already know that she has now sold two of her pieces.
No, I don't intend to cover each and every sale from now on, but the first two are significant steps.
Her FASA (Fiber Artists of Southern Arizona) group hung a show at The Source, which is the salon where Peggie gets her hair done, last month. One of Peggie's pieces sold the first day. Then, last weekend, the group participated in Open Studios by occupying a classroom at St. Gregory's school. They all took examples of their work, but the idea was to be able to talk about, and demonstrate techniques they use. Not surprisingly, Peggie set up to demo rust dying. But, one couple talked her into selling a small piece we've had hanging in our dining room for a while. She had to make up a price and a title for it on the spot, as this event was not intended as a sales venue.
She is busy now getting some additional pieces finished for the up-coming show at the Jewish Community Center from December 14-January 3.
We are quite proud that Peggie is now a professional Artist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good for you, Peggie! A professional fiber artist! Very cool!
Hope you can post a photo of the rust piece so we know which bare spot it came from. Oh, it's not a bare spot any more? You already had another work of art that you could hang there? No, I can't imagine Bill getting around to that so soon. He has to mull over his choices for a while, doesn't he?
To be fair, I haven't made any changes on our dining room wall, which I intended to do several months ago. Hard to decide what to hang sometimes.
Anyway, congratulations!
Thanks and lesson learned! Work shown in public has to have a title, label, hanging sleeve. The piece sold was a small hand-dyed red piece with lots of decorative stitching and handstitching on it. No rust! It's titled "Stratifications". The purchasers are also considering my latest piece which is full of rusted fabric, hand-dyes, commercial fabrics and even copper, "You Are Here". They understand that it has two commitments--a formal critique by a gallerist tomorrow as well as an exhibit in December.
I'm working on five additional pieces (in various stages) as part of 12 for the December Exhibit. Busy!!!
You go girl!!! So proud of you! Now I can say that I learned how to do an art quilt from a professional artist!
Love and hugs...and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
JANE
Thanks. And you finished your art quilt! That's always a good thing. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Stay warm!
Post a Comment