The trip was interesting. Crowded to Seattle. A dozen flights Portland to Seattle but 15 or 20 standbys trying for seats. Bigger plane out of Seattle, but plenty of open seats.
In Juneau, I had to wait 4 hours for the ferry. Lightly overcast, but we saw some of the eclipse. Just two fellow travelers and bored TSA crew. Two brothers building a house in Haines. We shared a cab to the ferry. I got an invitation for coffee or wine when I am in Haines.
I found it interesting that in the two rainy cities of Portland and Seattle, we had to walk on the open tarmac between the plane and the terminal. In Ketchikan it was raining hard, but I stayed aboard.
I ate breakfast on the ferry while at the dock in Haines. Taked to a woman returning to the world following 13 weeks as a visiting nurse Soldotna. She goes to different places all the time. Had been to several Alaskan towns in the last few years. So many jobs I have never heard of.
Tried to take two buses to Whitehorse yesterday, but it is a three day weekend, so businesses were closed. I drove up alone to pick up Bryan from the airport.
We are trying to get ready for the season, but some down time so I have looked up friends. All disappointed Peggie is not here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment