Sunday, June 15, 2014

happy fathers day

Casey just called and guilted me about posting more.
Last night I was energetic enough to go bear hunting in Dyea. Most evenings I am tired and I have an early morning to look forward to so I don't go out. But I was off yesterday and today so I could afford to stay up. My reward was two bears. First, a small, thin young looking one, then the giant one I call Bruiser. Bruiser has hung out at the mouth of the same creek since our first season here. He is really big. Last night he looked like a bison grazing.
Sadly, today we will mark the early passing of a fellow tour operator. He was only 34, but had untreatable cancer. The night he died was the same night we had the earthquake.
Oh yeah, we had a 5.7 on June 4th. Woke up the whole town at 4 a.m. My first thought was a bear scratching its back under the trailer. But by the time it was over I had figured it out.

No comments: