Sunday, March 22, 2015

Who da man?

I. am. da. man!
First, I was making a meatloaf. That's right. Preparing food. Manly.
There was a little bit left over so I decided to form patties and grill them outside for lunch.
Grilling red meat. Manly.
When I came back inside, I noticed that the latch on the sliding door was broken.
Noticing a problem. Manly.
Never having encountered this exact problem in my 60-ahem years on the planet, I had to examine the mechanism and determine how it worked. Do I even have to say it? Manly.
Then I had to gather the proper tools. Which I had. Testosterone is flowing!
Next I had to disassemble the latch, reassemble the latch and reinstall it on the door. Even though this task required the use of three hands, I did it with only two. Manly.
The best part? Peggie was in the shower. She won't even know there was a problem until she reads this. And the problem is already solved. Ma-an-ly.
To recap: Home repair   1          Trips to hardware store  0
So, who da man?
That would be ME !


And the grilled meatloaf patty? Delicious.

6 comments:

Peggie said...

Oh, I am so relieved I can't get PREGNANT!

Jane said...

Because????????????????????

Jane said...

Oh, dear…I got sidetracked…wanted to make an appropriately ma-an-ly comment. As the story was progressing, I was thinking that perhaps he left the meatloaf patty on the grill when he went to the hardware store and returned home to a meatloaf hockey puck. How silly of me…of course he knew what he was doing.

Hugs to you both...

Greg said...

"Oh, oh, oh, ooooh" -Tim Taylor

Bill said...

Good job on the "Home Improvement" reference, Greg.

And Jane, pregnancy is a job for a younger woman.

Jane said...

But we all know that AGE alone will not prevent it!