Tuesday, April 7, 2015

And it's not even Christmas

We got the gift of family last week.
GajT came to visit. We went to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and Cottonwood. You might think Cottonwood doesn't fit in that list, but that's where my siblings all live. We got to share an Easter picnic with everybody.
Las Vegas was a different experience with young grandkids along. They are always fun to be with, but you do different activities in Las Vegas with kids, than you do without them. Except, we did find some after-the-kids-are-asleep gambling time. I came out ahead on that for a change.
The Grand Canyon has not visibly changed since the last time I was there, but some literature I picked up says it is several cubic yards wider and deeper than it was a few years ago. Peggie and I walked down Bright Angel Trail about 3/4 of a mile and about 3 miles back to the top. From a viewpoint, we saw a California Condor drifting on the currents. It was big. First one we have seen since they were re-introduced several years ago.
If you ever go to Las Vegas from here, or vice versa, take the time to stop at Hoover Dam. The view from the new highway bridge is amazing, and the view of the bridge from the dam is spectacular.

No comments: