The century is a decade old. The year eleven makes the head math a little more difficult, so I've decided to only look forward and treat this as year one.
But we have to look back just a little, no math involved. Last night we were colder than both NY and Skagway. Yep. We went below 30. Around here that is called a hard freeze. The bridges were treated with chemicals to prevent icing. Snow fell all the way down to the valley. We have desert plants that had to be covered, and the water pipes had to be insulated. The wind was the worst. It makes things go bump in the night and blows the blankets off the covered plants.
After a few days of hunkering down in our wonderfully restored house, we are getting ready to venture out today. We have the long underwear on, the parkas are out of mothballs, and we have found the wolf-fur mittens. NOT!
We do have to run some errands, pick up a few cases of booze for the annual brawl tonight, restock the larder for the next few cold days, and NOT prepare our classrooms for the next semester. That is the best part. We do have a lot of fun, but the things we DON'T DO still bring joy, also. We only have a few boxes remaining to be emptied. We will take down Christmas stuff, then we can decide where to hang art. Drive those nails, baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, it was "nice" in NY today, relatively speaking. Little, to no, wind and warmer than the last few days. Still icy though. I slipped today on a corner when turning to cross the street on the way to the train station. Ouch.
Prepare a classroom? Should someone have told me something about teaching that I haven't been told? Hey - I'm just a sub, right? I've never had to do any real prepping before! I met with the retiring teacher the other day. I think she is celebrating like you are!
Post a Comment