That was my first phone message of the day. My son and granddaughter wished me a happy fathers/grandpa day. A good start to the day, I'd say.
Peggie and I were both off today so we took a busman's holiday: ie; we went for a drive up north. Our goal was to drive until we saw two bears. But we didn't see any, until we turned around to head back. Then we saw two bears. So the goal was met, anyway.
The wildflower season is just about to start. Lupine are all over, and fireweed greenery is setting up preparing for the buds and blooms.
Rumors of fish in the creek and grizzlies sniffing around are drifting in from Dyea. Not reliable as to time of day, so I will have to waste several evenings checking until they start to establish a schedule. Those bears just can't be counted on to punch a time clock until the salmon are plentiful.
Now since it isn't "raining" I will go to the back yard and grill some burgers for dinner. Maybe that will attract some bears.
Hope not.
Have a happy solstice on Tuesday. Don't get sunburned from the long exposure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! I am glad you had a good day. And had the requisite barbeque!
Post a Comment