You have seen pictures of what our jeep looks like while we move from Skagway to Tucson. The load pretty much mashes the rear shock absorbers into uselessness. So not the best of off-road vehicles with which to challenge the slickrocks of Moab.
So we hire a pro. A pro with a Hummer.
We figure that a pro knows the best places to go to show off the area. And with the scenery being the prime attraction, I'd rather ride and look at distant rocks than drive and see only the rocks in the road. I have watched plenty of YouTube videos of jeeps rolling off the rocks in Moab. Not a pretty picture. Not an experience I want to have. So when our driver asked for a volunteer to stand aside and photograph the experience, I jumped at it.
You should know that this is a re-enactment. We had already gone over this obstacle once. That is Peggie in the high seat at the rear. It was the altitude that took her breath away. We are accustomed to sea level only.
The tour was absolutely amazing. Our guide/driver, Tom, knew a lot about the area and obviously loved his job. We got to see real dinosaur tracks and actually stand on the same ground once traveled by these ancient beasts. That is kind of humbling. A lot of sand has piled up since then. And eroded away, again.
We have decided to return to the area at a future time.
1 comment:
So you aren't home yet? I was wondering if you had to drive through the sandstorms that were shown on the news. Hope you are happy and healthy...maybe just a bit crazy, as shown by the hummer ride...but that's just another reason that I love you.
Jane
Post a Comment