I just cleaned the keyboard because I was having a hard time getting things typed. This entry is a test to see if everything works like it is supposed to.
The title is referring to the snake skin I found in the yard. The trouble with shed snakeskin is the difficulty in determining the type of snake that shed it. Most kinds are fine. They keep the rodent population in check. Rattlesnakes do, too. But with the attendant danger to us human-types. One of the joys of tromping the wilds of Alaska and NW Canada is the total absence of snakes. Normally, I could tromp the civilized parts of my yard without regard to snakes, also. But, then, when you find absolute proof of the presence of reptiles, precautions are called for. I don't like it. Not in my yard. We live in the middle of a massive housing development. In the middle. Not on the edge. Snakes should get run over, grabbed by a kid, chewed by a dog, or just scared off before they get to our yard. We have lots of great hiding places for snakes. Yikes!
The keyboard has passed the test.
Now, if only I could be sure the snake has passed my yard....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Inquiring minds want to know...what kind of snake was it?
jane
In response to Jane:
A live one.
You can't tell from the dry skin. It could be any kind. Going out in the dark last night to get in the spa, I was acutely aware that a snake could be on the patio. Yikes!
Or in the spa, if it were to be a watersnake!!! And here I thought you weren't afraid of anything.
Post a Comment