In the last post I commented how special it is to share space with wildlife. Well, not always.
Last night in the hot tub we heard a rustling noise. It was coming from the space between the wall and the storage sheds. I went in the house to get a flashlight. After some patient searching I spotted the pack rat. Pack rats are fine out in the desert. Like rattlesnakes. Not in my yard, though.
Truly Nolen will be out in the morning. Or should I just ask to borrow the neighbors' cat?
And, for the record, it took 8 trips to get everything to get the sink installed and functioning. Casey is hereby declared the winner. But Peggie is the true beneficiary. And I have a pick again. Not that I look forward to using it any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But have you gotten the shade for the sink area yet? That sounds like another trip to me. Then some way to anchor the umbrella or whatever you end up with. Then film for the camera so you can take a picture. Hey, you don't need film anymore! So post a photo of your wonderful gift to your wonderful and creative wife, please!
Sorry, the photo will have to wait for two things. I have to re-lay the adobe blocks that I removed for the drain pipe. No purchase necessary, just cool evening weather. Peggie wants to make a cover to keep wind blown debris out. That is HER deal, so any trips to fabric stores don't count against ME.
And, the two live traps Truly set yesterday were both sprung last night, but no rat. Clever little critter.
I am just glad I know you so well dad! Although I don't think I could have guessed the pick ax handle part.
Post a Comment