Sunday, August 25, 2013

The trouble with coins....

....is that they have a flip side.
Friday night I realized I was getting Peggie's cold, just as she is getting over it. Yesterday, I needed to go to Whitehorse to find a ranch. On Monday, I am to drive a tour of horseback riders for the TV show "Best of America by Horseback." I have done so twice before, but that was to the ranch where we regularly took riders just outside Carcross. I have never been to the ranch outside Whitehorse, and even with Google and Mapquest to help, I felt the need to drive the road and get the timing figured out. So Peggie drove us while I fought the cold. Today, I intend to sleep a lot. Hopefully, tomorrow I will feel up to the drive.
We saw a bald eagle fly low over the truck. We saw a blacktail doe by the road on the way home. That is only my third deer, and Peggie's first up here.
Rainy season is in full swing. Temperatures are cool again. Every time the clouds part I am surprised there is no new snow on the upper peaks. Leaves are yellowing rapidly.

No comments: