Monday, April 14, 2014

OMG

The day is here.
I am actually leaving for Skagway.
Alone.
I decided to look on this as an adventure. I am counting on it being the good kind.
When I arrive, tomorrow, I will try to find time to recount whatever adventures the journey provides.
One thing I am hoping for is clear skies in Juneau, as I will be there, and awake, at the time of the lunar eclipse. Watching the "Blood Moon" will give me something to do while I wait for the ferry.
And, I hope the airport doesn't kick me out too early, as I know the ferry terminal won't be open, and I really don't want to spend three hours outside at 30 degrees.

5 comments:

Peggie said...

I miss him already. Texting didn't exist before. We've sent more texts today than ever.

Caseygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caseygirl said...

I just realized I didn't consider dad being nervous to go on this adventure by himself. I have been thinking about mom, being alone, getting around, having to do trailer tasks, etc. But dad has a learning curve too - he had to figure out the tablet, go live with a bunch of (likely smelly) men and learn to text often :)

I remember mom saying that you know you have done your job as a parent when your children are successful independent adults. My parents are all grown up.

Peggie said...

Maybe we've been "healthy" co-dependents-lol. Now we're working on being "healthy" independents. Yet, an hour ago I said to myself, "Six months...are you kidding me?"

Margie said...

Dave is just gone to Grand Canyon for his annual hike/camping trip with his siblings for four days and nights, and that seems like a long time. Six months? That IS a long time! Power to you both, and best of luck too!