Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Aurora Borealis??

We're hopeful.

Greg sent us some news about solar activity and since then we've been getting more information so the plan is to go to bed, get up at 1:00 a.m. and drive up the road where we have some open sky. There are lots of Tweets on the internet that I've been following. It looks like the viewing will be good. Today was spectacular weather--clear skies, sunshine and high 70's, maybe low 80's.

Clear skies--hurray!!!

It's too exciting!

http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/08/02/2028228/The-Sun-Unleashes-Coronal-Mass-Ejection-At-Earth?from=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29

I noticed the news story has a heading "News for Nerds. Stuff That Matters".

Our whole family is kind of nerdy and if you're reading about our adventures you're probably kind of nerdy too.

Nerds are great!

1 comment:

Caseygirl said...

Mom you follow tweets?! if this is so and you are hiding a twitter account I am going to be surprised.

I am @CaseyThomas_ASU in case you want to catch up on some tweets :)