Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grizzly nature at work

This is the same little grizzly from the previous video last week. He has distinctive two-tone coloring that makes him easy to recognize. I was speaking to one of the park rangers who agreed with me that this is most likely one of the pair we watched last summer acting so comicallly trying to catch salmon. So he would be in his third summer and be two and a half years old. Maybe he will be a good playmate for Ariana when she comes next week. Not.
When I took this video, he had just come down stream and crossed over the bridge like he did last week. He is in the crossing about 30 feet downstream from the bridge. I was standing in the open door of my jeep, ready to jump in, but, of course, he was too busy with fish to worry about me.
If you don't like blood, or think fish are just for decorating a stream, you may not want to watch this grizzly going about the grizzly business of surviving.
But, for me, this is really cool.

The crackling sound is the wind on the camera mike.

1 comment:

Greg said...

They may be the same age and comical, but I think we'll keep Ariana in the jeep. She is very excited about going to see Grandma and Grampa and she reminds us that "we're gonna go on higoki (plane) and boat and choo choo train!"