Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good citizen vs complete idiots

Half a day trying to drum up a tour to no avail.
So what to do?
Bear hunting!
When I got home, Peggie was quilting, so bear hunting definitely was my best option. When she quilts she uses up the whole tiny apartment.
On my way to Dyea I encountered some really quick little weasel-type animals. So quick and secretive, I could not get pictures as they ducked in and out of rocks and weeds. I don't know what they are, but there were four of them. After I gave up on them, I came around a curve and there was a burning campfire beside the road, and nobody around! The river was right across the road, but I didn't have a bucket. So I called 911. They sent the fire department. But first another vehicle came along. He had seen it also and went to get a bucket. We put water on it and stirred it with my shovel, then two firemen came and we let them take over. The first guy said he had seen people camped there earlier. What kind of idiot just leaves a campfire burning in a forest? A complete idiot.
No bears. But the eagles are still entertaining.

1 comment:

Bill said...

The little varmits are martens. I saw them again today, and one of them dove in the river and came up with what looked like a shrimp.