Today (Sunday) was devoted to bear hunting. I went out in the late morning. No bears, but found out later one had disappeared minutes before I arrived. I went out again after lunch and Peggie went with me. We stayed until supper time. No bears. After supper I decided to give it one more try. Success! A bear was fishing in the familiar waters just upstream from the foot bridge. About fifteen people were on or near the bridge taking pictures, including the town's night patrolman. That is his voice you hear telling someone to get back. I had been standing right at the railing off the far end of the bridge. This bear started downstream and it was clear he was not stopping, so we all exited stage right. As you can see on the video, he crossed over the exact spot where I had been. I was a lot closer to him while I shot this video than I ever wanted to be, or ever want to be again, without at least some vehicular steel between us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cows! Wow Bill. What a great video. Thanks for sharing.
get back! you crazy person
Post a Comment