Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Don



I went out to Dyea looking for bears last night and nobody got stuck in the mud. In fact, Don is the only person I know who ever got stuck out there.

Anyway, I lucked out, and saw the first fishing bear of the season. My friends who work at the dog camp out there have been telling me for a week that the bears are in.

This little guy was very efficient for the first half hour. There is a channel behind him that makes a sharp bend and he is very good at catching fish in the corner. Once he crossed that sand bar into more open water, he was less successful. He eventually wandered downstream, across the bridge I am standing on to take this picture. Then it was getting late, so I went home.



1 comment:

Greg said...

I hope you weren't still standing on the bridge this time when he wanted to cross it. :)