Sunday, July 3, 2011

RCGB

On Thursday, I saw a new sight.
First, it was the first grizzly sighting I've had this year. Second, the bear was in a "non-grizzly" location. ie: not where anyone ever sees a grizzly. Third, it had on a radio collar!
Yep. Normal in that it was busily eating leftover dandelions, but wearing a radio collar. Questions arise. Why is it being monitored? Was it relocated as a problem somewhere else? At Spirit Lake, where we are taking our horseback riders this year, they recently had a grizzly relocated because it kept trying to get at the horses. I will have to talk with them to get a description of the bear.
Anyway, it was a different thing to see.
Of course, there is the remote possibility that this was a radio controlled animatronic device being operated by somebody hiding in the woods. (Pun intended, I couldn't help it.)

Oh, I forgot to post this yesterday, so Happy Birthday, Dick, a day late.

1 comment:

Margie said...

I was just getting ready to post a comment that you missed your brother's birthday, so I'm glad you finally got around to recognizing it!
Radio-controlled, huh? Sometimes I just can hardly bear your word play! Occasionally, though, it is remotely funny!