Sunday, July 3, 2011

There is such a thing as TOO friendly.

Peggie and I went for a Sunday drive today. We encountered police (RCMP and Conservation) hightailing it south with lights and sirens. We were curious, as we had seen no emergency on our way north. We didn't know what the Conservation vehicle was until later. On our way back to town we observed two Mounties with rifles walking along the road. I put two and two together. This was the same curve in the road where I have, on numerous occasions, both this year and last, seen a bear I named Friendly. Why? Because he approaches vehicles in a very friendly way.
This is bad for the bear. Somebody who should have known better has fed this bear from a car window. Probably more than one somebody. Fools. Now the Mounties or Conservation officer will shoot the bear. Not its fault. We asked at Customs and, sure enough, somebody reported an aggressive bear. Well, at least it hasn't hurt anyone, yet.

Tonight we get our Independence Day fireworks at the harbor. Tomorrow, I will be driving to Yukon, so will miss the parade. Shucks. I like the parade. Anyway, Happy Birthday USA.

No comments: