Getting ready for dinner last night, Peggie opened the cabinet....and one of the shelves fell. No breakage, but the cabinet door had pulled the frame away, allowing the shelf to fall. We had to empty two of the shelves until I can reattach the frame. Thought I would get to it today. But...
We decided to go get the truck out of storage so we would have both vehicles to use, and to save the storage charge. So after enjoying the second and third cups of coffee, we headed out. I could combine the trip with getting my hair cut because the barber college is very near the storage lot. I reattached the battery cable and the truck started with just a few cranks. The gas light was on, so we went to get gas at the nearest c-store. I put the pump handle in, and began to fill the tank. Except the gas was going on the ground under the truck. Huh?
We had already concluded that someone had siphoned the tank dry because we wouldn't have stored it empty, and there was a coil of plastic tubing in the truck bed. So I looked under the truck to discover that the clamp on the filler hose was gone. The "someone" had apparently found it easier to get the fuel out by detaching the hose. The clamp was loose and slid down the hose, so I put it back in place and tightened it. Then restarted the fueling process. OOOPS! Gas still going on the ground. So on closer inspection, I discovered that the "someone" (that's a nicer name than I was thinking) had cut a hole in the hose. So now I can't fill the tank, don't know if I have enough gas to get to the shop, so I have to call a tow truck. Well, we have insurance for that. Luckily we are in the middle of a fairly large metro area so the tow truck only took 70 minutes to reach us. Last year in the middle of nowwhere we got a tow just as fast.
But Peggie had her book to read (so she could wait while I got my hair cut) and I can watch people. So we hung out at the c-store for 70 minutes. And I had a new haircut so I looked GOOD while we waited.
So we have been home for two days. So far I have to find and fix a leak in the water line, repair the cabinet, and get the truck fixed (well, I have to go pick it up from the shop). Peggie went to quilt guild tonight and she gets her hair cut tomorrow.
So then we will both be looking GOOD.
I have to decide whether to get the spa ready (to stall on the other chores) or get on with fixing things.
And at some point we have to do some heavy grocery shopping so we can eat healthy again.
But tomorrow we get to try out a new, and reportedly good, BBQ restaurant. I better not get sauce on by shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
By all means fix the spa, so when you finish with those physical chores, you can relax - aahh! in hot water with jets on your back!
Too bad about the truck. Is there any liability attached to the storage place?
Enjoy your lovely home!
I hope this isn't the same place where your trailer license plate was stolen...really dad, pay a little more for a nicer storage place
Post a Comment