We set the alarm clock Sunday night. Peggie had to be at the courthouse Monday morning for jury duty. Her working theory was to arrive a few minutes late so her name wouldn't be too high on the sign-in sheet. HaHa.
There were about fifty people in the room. First name called? Peggie Thomas. In the court room...first name called? Peggie Thomas. First person selected to serve on a jury? Peggie Thomas. It was a six member jury and they finished the trial that afternoon. So not too bad. We wonder why she has been selected about twice as often as I have to report, and why she has been on juries and I never have. Weird. I am not complaining.
Interesting side note: five of the six were involved in education, and all six of them had postponed duty from the summer. (Peggie got her notice while we were in Skagway)
We set the alarm clock Monday night. Bill had to go for a pre-annual physical blood draw Tuesday morning. I was out of there minus two tubes of blood in less than ten minutes. Best part is that I was back home at my normal non-alarm-clock time to fix breakfast. You can't breakfast before the blood draw. And I drink my coffee black, so a quick cup before blood is okay.
We won't need to set an alarm again in the forseeable future. Yes, we can foresee the future. We have a crystal ball. Honest. And isn't it redundant to foresee the future? What else could you foresee? And why are TV stations now doing a "futurecast" of the weather? Did they forget what "forecast" means? A real value would be if they could "futurecast" the sports. Then we could win some bets, huh?
No. The crystal ball is NOT helpful with the lottery. Worthless hunk of glass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jury Duty is always interesting once I get into a courtroom. It's just the idea of going seems intrusive. I saw quite a few young men in orange jumpsuits and chained handcuffs being escorted to courtrooms. It's such a sobering sight. Our case was a DUI by a young woman who was underage at the time of the arrest and driving on a suspended license. I hope she can turn her life around.
Nice that the trial was short, since you were The Chosen One!
We really need to win that lottery. Dave is SOOO jealous of that no-alarm-clock thing!
Thanks for the clever, funny updates.
You constantly entertain me with your creative writing...do you have a book in your future?
My first jury duty involved a man sexually abusing his daughter (then only 8) since she was 2. The court case lasted a week and I cried like a baby every night when I got home. It was quite an experience.
Maybe that amethyst can be your crystal ball!
love and hugs...
Post a Comment