The ferry arrived in Bellingham at about 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning. We were the first car on in Skagway and we were the last car off in Bellingham. We called my friend Maria on Bainbridge Island and caught another ferry to go and see her. There was an art show, The Mapping Experience, she had told me about and we wanted to see it. After a short visit we headed to Tacoma for another show of quilts at The American Art Co. She had a couple pieces in the show and I was able to see work of some other artists that I've only seen in books. In Bill's words, it was "beyond belief"! The individual pieces were great as well as the way the pieces were hung. It was very inspiring. Tomorrow we plan on visiting a gallery in downtown Portland where we hope to see some work by Trisha Hassler who is combining fiber and metal.
Pendleton, Oregon is next on our list of places to see. We have Skagway friends who have a house there and we'd like to know more about Pendleton. From there, we'll head to Moab and some jeeping--not ours; it's kind of packed!
Stay tuned. I'm sure there are more adventures in the making.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update! Mom loves her beautiful new quilt - what a nice surprise! See you soon!
I spent a few days in Pendleton a number of years ago...well, actually, I was in Hermiston with a car with a blown engine.but I rented a car and did some "touring" with my nephew. Check out the underground if you have time...very historical.
Have a great trip back...I am down with a chest cold and cough...and am hoping to feel better so I can get into my studio and finish the New York Beauty that I need for a quilt guild meeting on Tuesday.
love and hugs...jane
You are bringing the cold air with you. We have an Alaskan cold front coming and Phoenix is going to be 75 by on Thursday. See you soon
Post a Comment