Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A mixed bag.

Today, Peggie stayed in bed. She has caught a baaad cold and can hardly breathe. She cannot drive and blow her nose at the same time, and talking makes her throat sore, so she decided she needed rest. And she did. She slept most of the day. She expects to work tomorrow.
But I had a great day. Working for tips is pretty cool. Frequently, somebody tells you what a good tour it was and gives you a great tip. Sometimes the tip doesn't matter at all. Like today.
I had an old Russian/Israeli couple who spoke not a word of English and their Russian/American daughter. Both through the daughter and by observing them, I could see that they were having a good time. But my day was made when they stepped off the bus. The old man (70 something) held out his hand, looked me in the eye and said, "I don't speak English. That was a great tour." While his wife smiled and gave me a thumbs up. The daughter said over his shoulder, "He has been practicing that all day."
Yeah.

4 comments:

Margie said...

Ahhh. So worth it.

Sorry you are under the weather, Peggie. That is not fun.

When does the season end?

Anonymous said...

Karin says:makes the trip so worth it. Feel Better Peggie.

Peggie said...

Thanks, I feel a lot better today! The owner was my "substitute" yesterday and the people told him they wanted Peggy because they'd read the good reviews I'd gotten on the Shore Excursions website--Sweet!

Bill said...

Last ship 9/25. We will depart 9/26. Be home 10/10 ish. Go to NY perhaps a week or so later.